Tuesday 8 June 2010

The chore of search engine optimization

So its been a couple of months now since our website went live and we seem to have found our natural page ranking all be it no where near as high as I would like, and now it is time to start thinking about optimizing our site. we are currently only getting about 5 hits a day to the site which whilst that has started to bring in sales they are fewer than i would like, i feel like I have been a little slack with my ebay store too recently, many of my items had timed out and I hadnt relisted them due to not getting any sales yet, but all that has changed now with my first ebay sale, so last night I set about listing many new items which is a very slow and boring job especially with my stoneage internet speed.
I then proceeded to update my listings on the free online classified sites that get my items found at the top of googles first page under certain search terms. After this I did a bit of research into search engine optimization and have put into place a plan of action that I hope will drastically increase our website hits.
Orders just in are now a butterfly themed toy box, a dinosaur shaped play table and a full dinosaur bedroom set, so watch this space!

2 comments: